I grew up in the hills of Ladakh (India). It was a great place to grow up but had a greatly thinned out Ozone layer and hence excessive exposure to UV rays. At the time, as an innocent child, I was hardly bothered about the effect UV Rays can have on my skin.
My cheeks turned reddish while growing up and slowly evolved into black marks on my cheeks. I didn’t care much about them until I was in my teens. Once the marks started looking so obvious and persistent, I tried several things but nothing worked to a permanent advantage.
Today, as I know better, I would like to talk about a few things that DID work.
As women, we have tried everything for that dull and aging skin but there’s nothing much we can do apart from feeling worried about it more. From fairness creams that promise to give you “brighter” and “younger looking” skin, to expensive spa and beauty treatments which seem to work for some time, but the effect doesn’t stay long.
Here is a list of 3 Amazing Ayurvedic Oils For Skin Care that repair and brighten your skin.
1. Kumkumadi Tailam
Kumkuma means “Saffron” and Tailam means “Oil”. This oil is a careful preparation of 26 organic ayurvedic ingredients, the main out of which is Saffron. Saffron has been used in many cultures for centuries. It has excellent anti-bacterial properties and helps lighten skin tone.
Kumkumadi Tailam Benefits:
- Removes Dark Circles
- It helps in reducing dark circles, thin lines, dark marks and pimples.
- Removes Black Heads
- Removes Sun Tan
- It can be used as sunscreen as well. It blocks sun rays from doing sun damage and makes the skin more even-toned.
- Lightens the colour and tone of your skin.
- It works amazingly well on brightening the skin
- Reduces signs of ageing.
There are many brands in the market making this oil but the best results can be obtained by using the most popular brand by Kottakal Arya Vaidya Sala (which is, fortunately, cheaper too).
For India, you can get it on Amazon by clicking here.
2. Nalpamaradi Tailam
Nalpamaradi Tailam is prescribed in Ayurveda as a Natural illuminator. This is one of the best ayurvedic oils for skincare if used regularly in your daily routine. It is primarily used for making skin bright. It also has de-tanning effects.
Nalpamardi Tailam Ingredients-
These ingredients are carefully combined to create an elixir which will help you reduce tanning and skin discolouration, reduce blemishes and marks and creates a natural healthy glow on your skin.
It is also known to have antibacterial, anti-ageing properties. The only con or what you might find a bit unpleasant is slight smell or odour that occurs due to the natural herbs used in making this oil. The best results can be expected if you do not wash your skin with soap after using this oil (but some light cleanser, preferably herbal). Instead, you can use besan (gram flour) which is a natural alternative to soaps. I will be writing in detail about this in future posts.
This potent oil is also used to treat some cases of Dermatitis and Eczema. If you are suffering from any of these, I suggest you read my post on it, which gives a detailed method of curing skin related diseases.
You can get it from Amazon by clicking here.
For India, click here.
3. Omdev Sudyuti Kerathailam Oil
Sudyuti Oil is an ayurvedic medicine used to cure various skin disorders like eczema, skin allergies, dermatitis and itching.
Sudyuti Oil takes Eladi Oil (which is a classic ayurvedic oil) as a base and contains a blend of more than 30 herbs. Some of the more known ingredients are-
- Virgin Coconut Oil
- Saffron in the base of Black Sesame Oil
- Black Cardamom
Sudyuti Oil Benefits:
- Has anti-ageing properties
- Reduces uneven skin tone. Works deeply on pigmentation and dark spots.
- Moisturizes skin from inside reduces dullness and dryness of the skin.
- Brings an inner healthy glow on the skin.
You can get it from Amazon by clicking here
For India, click here
Caution: The oil is yellow in colour, so it can stain your clothes and skin although stains of skin are not permanent.
- All these 3 oils are really effective in skin problems. If your face is dull or lacklustre, has marks and uneven skin tone, the best oil to use would be Kunkumadi Thailam/ Kumkumadi Oil.
- If your skin has skin disorders like eczema, dermatitis and itching, you can use Nalpamaradi Thailam or Sudyuti Kera Tailam for better results as both of them have almost the same base oil.
Any Questions or suggestions? Comment Below.
Did you find this post useful? Would you like to get back to it later? Save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Skin Care board!