Medical Reviewer: Dr Surabhi Rawat
Today I will share a DIY Shampoo recipe that I have been using to improve my hair health. This is the best homemade natural shampoo made from completely natural organic ayurvedic ingredients. It is sulfate-free shampoo and does not contain any chemicals. This recipe works amazingly on damaged hair, dull hair, breakage-prone hair. If you are having issues related to premature greying of hair, thinning of hair, extreme hair loss, scalp psoriasis and eczema… then this is the DIY shampoo you should be using. No Exceptions!
I also suggest you read my other post if you are having problems described above as it would be better to also have some form of Ayurvedic medicine to alleviate deficiencies from your body which are one of the main causes of all hair problems.
How long does DIY shampoo last?
You can store this mixture for up to a year in the dry state and keep it aside for a week in the wet state. If you keep it longer than that, it will get ruined.
Ingredient List :
1. Shikakai – Acacia Concinna (100 gm)
2. Reetha Dry- Soapnut(100 gm)
3. Amla Dry – Indian Gooseberry(100 gm)
4. Giloy Stick Dry Powder (10 gm)
5. Bramhi Dry (10 gm)
6. Bringraj Powder Dry (10 gm)
7. Mehendi / Henna Dry (5 gm)
8. Tulsi Powder Dry (5 gm)
9. Neem Powder Dry (5 gm)
Homemade Shampoo Recipe:
This composition will not give too much lather while using so if you want more lather, increase the quantity of Reetha to 150 gm.
Here I have listed the main and the supporting ingredients separately because if you cannot manage to find the supporting ingredients, you can just combine the main ones and the shampoo will still be ok to use. But I would advise the use of as many supporting ingredients as possible for good results.
Now take these ingredients one by one and grind them roughly in a metal mortar preferably. All ingredients should be roughly ground and should not be made into thin powder.
Method of Using:
1. At night, take 1 handful of this mixture and add 3 glasses of water in it. Add it to an iron pan and boil for 10 minutes and then let it cool with putting the lid on. The reason for using iron pan is that a bit of iron gets dissolved in the water which will give your hair black colour.
2. Before using it, rub it with your hands so that the extracts of the herbs get in the water. Now strain and keep this water. You can throw away the herbs.
3. Use one cup of this water to wash your hair. Massage it on your scalp lightly for 2 minutes and then rinse with normal water. Keep the rest of the shampoo water in the refrigerator for further use.
Note: If your hair is of dry variety, then oil your hair slightly with any coconut oil-based hair oil a night before you wash your hair. If you don’t want to, then you can put yoghurt on your hair like a mask and keep it for 10 minutes before washing your hair.
Did you find this post useful? Would you like to get back to it later? Save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Natural Living or Ayurveda board!
2 thoughts on “DIY Natural Shampoo For Hair Fall Grey Hair Damaged Hair Growth”
Hi. I am a 16 year old teenager (female) and have had hairfall since a year. In the last few weeks my hair fall has become extreme. I literally feel like if I just sit and just brush my hand through my hair continuously i will find myself bald. I am loosing a lit of hair. Will this shampoo work and how long will it take for it to work?
I think this shampoo will definitely help you but it will be best if you use the ayurvedic treatment mentioned in this post for best results. https://honeyfurforher.com/natural-hair-treatment-for-reversing-premature-grey-hair-alopecia-hair-loss/
Also, be sure to always apply natural hair oil before you wash your hair to prevent dryness.
I hope you stop the hair fall issue soon!