Murivenna Thailam / Oil is an Ayurvedic oil that is used to treat wounds, sprains, and fractures. The main use of this oil is for pain relief. It is applied topically as well as can be taken orally only on the recommendation of a trained Ayurveda doctor or practitioner.
Uses and Benefits of Murivenna Thailam:
- It is used as an analgesic for pains like sprains, back pain, tennis elbow, shoulder dislocation, post surgery pains, spondylitis pain and stiffness, disc, ligament, tendons, acute soft tissue injury, sports injury, spinal injury, and arthritis.
- It is also an anti-inflammatory medicine and especially helpful in reducing inflammation in muscle pain, arthritis pain and tennis elbow. It also reduces inflammation in bone tissue.
- It is also used to apply to fresh wounds. It quickens and enhances wound healing.
- It can also be applied on fresh burns.
Murivenna Thailam ingredients:
Murivenna Thailam is made taking coconut oil as the base. Usually, the base of most Kerala Ayurveda oils is sesame oil but here that is not the case. Following is the list of ingredients. Coconut oil is used because it increases the permeability of the skin and increases the bioavailability of the drug used.
Keram – Coconut Oil
Sigru – Moringa Oleifera
Kumari – Aloe Vera, Aloe Barbadensi
Thaarthaaval – Borreria Hispida / Borreria Stricta
Kanjika – Kanji / Fermented Rice Bran Water
Karanja – Pongam Tree / Pongamia Pinnata
Shathaavari – Asparagus Racemosus
Thamboola – Piper Betle
Shangodaka – Erythrinia Indica
Paribhadra – Erythrinia Variegata
Palandu – Onion
Vasukam / Tuka – Spermacoce Articularis
Uses In Ayurveda:
There are two ways of using this oil.
- Topically it can be applied all over the body for relaxation and rejuvenation. If it is being used to treat a specific area, the thailam is slightly heated and a cotton swab is dipped into it and then applied to the wound or the affected area like joint and muscle. This method is known as Pichu or Localised oil therapy in Ayurveda. It is also used in another ayurvedic method of localized treatment called Parisheka.
At home, you can gently massage warm (slightly above room temperature. You can use it at room temperature too if you are sensitive) Murivenna Thailam on the affected area of pain for 5 – 10 minutes. Do not rub vigorously. Leave it for a half hour and wash it off. You can leave it on as well. You can do this twice to thrice a day.
- Orally it is taken at the advice of a doctor. Generally, the dosage is around 10 -15 drops daily once or twice a day (OD or BD)
Murivenna Tailam Side Effects :
People with diabetes, High BP, High lipid profile/dislipidemia must take the advice of a doctor before using this oil internally. There are no side effects of topical administration.
It is totally safe to use even on kids.
3 Years from the date of manufacture.
Where to Buy?
You can find it online easily on Amazon. These are the most popular makes