If you’re someone who prefers a natural alternative to everyday health issues such as premature greying, calcium deficiency, etc., Praval Pishti is for you. Literally translated, Praval means coral in Hindi whereas Pishti refers to processed rose water. Collectively, together these two elements come together to form the powerful Praval Pishti Ayurvedic medicine.
Praval Pishti’s Dual Ingredients
- Shuddha Praval or Purified Coral (10 gm)
To put it simply, Praval Pishti comprises of 100% natural calcium that is expertly processed using edible and pure rosewater. Coral Calcium powder (bhasma) cannot be used directly. Here are the steps to make it:
Step 1: Purified coral is ground to a fine powder.
Step 2: Coral Calcium powder is mixed with edible rose water for at least 3-4 days.
Step 3: This mixture is ground to a micro-sized powder (like collyrium) to get the end-result as Pishti.
Praval Pishti’s Mineral & Vitamin Constituents:
- Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3)
- Vitamin C
- Trace minerals such as iodine, iron, manganese, zinc, fluoride, copper, chromium, molybdenum, and selenium.
Did You Know?
Coral Calcium’s chemical composition is similar to the human body’s bone structure.
Praval Pishti is available in the powder and liquid forms. Below are the recommended doses for different kinds of applications and uses:
- Ideal supplemental dose: 500 mg
- Maximum supplemental dose: 1,000 mg
- Ideal dose for therapeutic purposes: 125-1,000 mg
- Maximum supplemental dose: 2,500 mg
How to Consume Coral Calcium?
First things first note that this medicine is sweet-and-sour in taste. It is light, cooling, and dry in effect. Plus, it is known to pacify all the three doshas in the human body: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, while predominantly working wonders on Pitta-related health issues.
Moving onto how best you can consume it, there are many ways to go about it:
1. Praval Pishti With Ashwagandha
According to a study, consuming Ashokarishta, Praval Pishti, and Ashwagandha can help women deal with mild to moderate menopausal symptoms. Plus, it helps in reducing the accompanying somatic issues such as GIT disturbances, white discharge, hot flushes etc. as well as helps deal with psychological complaints such as headache, irritability, depression, mood swings, sleep disturbances, etc. that women face on a regular faces
2. Praval Pishti with Gulkand
If you’re suffering from tiredness, lack of energy, itching, body pain, toothache, acne, mouth ulcers, menstrual pain, etc., a combination of Gulkand and Praval Pishti acts as the perfect rejuvenator. That’s not all. It comes with antioxidant properties and aids in proper digestion. You can consume 500 mg of Praval Pishti along with 1 teaspoon of Gulkand once a day along with milk or water or as directed by your doctor.
Best Practices To Consume Praval Pishti:
- It is highly recommended that you consume it after consuming your meals, 3X a day.
- It can also be taken along with ghee/butter/honey/milk/lukewarm water.
Praval Pishti’s Powerful Uses
Praval Pishti is an all-purpose Ayurvedic bhasma that has a cleansing effect on the body and thus, helps to treat the following health issues:
- Calcium deficiency
- Bleeding disorders such as bleeding piles, excessive uterine bleeding, heavy menstruation etc.
- Psychiatric issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, and restlessness
- General body weakness, fatigue, and fever
- Breast tenderness and painful periods
- Ulcerative colitis
- Heart problems such as tachycardia etc.
- Respiratory issues such as asthma and facing trouble while coughing
- Headache with burning sensations
- Liver disorders such as hepatitis, jaundice, etc.
- Vomiting and nausea
- Urine with a burning sensation
- Arthritis, osteoporosis, and low bone mineral density
- Hair issues such as premature greying, hair fall, etc.
- Migraine, dizziness and nausea
- Low bone strength and joint pain
- Menstrual issues such as dysmenorrhea, abdominal bleeding, leucorrhoea, hot flashes, etc.
- Male reproductive issues such as spermatorrhoea, impotence, and erectile dysfunction.
Praval Pishti’s Medicinal Characteristics:
Praval Pishti offers the following chemical properties:
- Digestive booster which aids in digestion.
- Antacid which lowers acid production in the stomach.
- Anti-arthritic as it doubles up as a natural calcium supplement.
- Anti-pyretic as its healing properties mirror that of Acetaminophen.
- Anti-inflammatory which is especially useful in cases of hepatitis.
- Cardiac tonic which protects and strengthens the heart.
Praval Pishti’s Benefits
Praval Pishti for Skin
It aids in better skin complexion, promotes moisture retention, and boosts the skin’s immunity as it is rich in vitamin C. It also helps in cases of sunburn and skin discolouration. Plus, it treats acne/pimples/rashes/whiteheads etc.
Praval Pishti For Height
Since it acts as a natural calcium supplement, it can boost one’s height in the teenage years as well as strengthen the bones and joints.
Praval Pishti For Thyroid
Since thyroid patients often suffer from low calcium levels, they can try this home remedy: Mix Amrita Sat, Praval Pishti, Trikatu Churna, Baheda Churna, Vriddhi Vadhika Vati, Panchkol Churna, Kamdudha Ras, Vasant Kusumakar Ras, and Makaradhwaj Ras, and consume. Please seek expert help to understand the recommended dose for each ingredient.
Praval Pishti For Hair
Praval Pishti is extremely useful in treating common hair problems such as excessive hair fall and premature greying. In addition to consuming this medicine, one should also add amla powder/juice in their diet to combat hair issues from the root (pun intended).
Praval Pishti For Perimenopause (Around Menopause)
You can consume Praval Pishti (500 mg) along with Mukta Pishti (125 mg), Swarna Makshik Bhasma (125 mg), Amalaki Rasayan (250 mg), and Shatavari Churna (250 mg) to lower body heat and treat related perimenopausal symptoms.
Praval Pishti Price
There are numerous Ayurvedic brands that manufacture this medicine. Take a look below:
- Praval Pishti Patanjali: Priced at mere INR 28, this medicine is used to treat cough, fever, osteomalacia, laxity, and acidity.
- Praval Pishti Baidyanath: Priced at INR 400, it comes in a pack of 3 and weighs 5 gm. It is useful in treating cold, cough, and Pitta-related disorders.
Praval Pishti’s Side-Effects To Keep In Mind
If Praval Pishti is not made properly, then consuming it in the raw form or exceeding the maximum daily limit can lead to the following side-effects:
- Abdominal swelling and abdominal pain
- Incomplete and infrequent bowel movement
- Lowered appetite
- Kidney stones
- Pregnant and lactating mothers should consume it only under expert supervision.
- Make sure to monitor your calcium levels in the blood as this medicine is often used as a calcium supplement.
- Do not self-prescribe this medicine to children. It should not be given to them under any circumstances.
- If you already are on other antibiotics, allopathic or homoeopathic medicines, please speak to your doctor before consuming it.
- It should not be consumed with alcohol.
Note that these side effects typically occur when Praval Pishti is consumed in the raw form and not in the processed form. That said, please seek expert advice before consuming this medicine as a safety measure.
Did you find this post useful? Would you like to get back to it later? Save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Natural Living or Ayurveda board!