You see that Bottle of mixed herbs below? This would look interesting to only those of you who love natural beauty products considering this is not a very fancy bottle. Read on for this review of this interesting product in the market as it might as well be one of the best Khadi products by Gram udyog.
Product name: Khadi RSG Therapeutic Blend/ Herbal Mix for Hair
Price: INR 280 for 120 grams
INR 310 for 100grams at Flipkart
Alternative brands: NatureLoC Ayurvedic Herbal Glass Bottle
Therapeutic blend of herbs is a traditional age old therapy with a unique formulation to treat hair problems like Hair loss, Dandruff and split ends leaving your hair soft, shiny and long and also aids in new hair growth.
Directions of Use:
Fill the bottle with cold pressed pure coconut oil (you can find it here). Keep it in the sun for 3 to 4 days. After that you will notice that the sap of those herbs in properly mixed in the oil and it changes colour. Now you can use it for oiling. You can refill the bottle with oil for reuse 3-4 times.
The bottle itself does not list the ingredients but personally from my experience I can name the ones I can clearly identify. Those are
- Neeli / Indigo
- Yashtimadhu / Mulethi
- Moti Elaichi
The bottle structure is as basic as it can be (you saw that) and bears a snap open flip-cap. Stuffed with herbs of all sorts, that cap is not spill proof at all. It has no fragrance at all (Maybe a plus point for sensitive noses there).
I enjoyed adding virgin coconut oil (tried this one) to these herbs and keep in the sun for 4 days minimum. Though the bottle mentions using coconut oil, raw sesame oil is also a good alternative or try a mixture of both oils- as they blend more readily and accept the qualities of the herbs very well. There is no harm in keeping it longer in the sun though, herbs will melt a tad bit more and concoction will be more concentrated. That will not irritate the scalp skin- so don’t worry. Minute granules float in oil and don’t entangle the hair. They wash off easily with shampooing.
After using it 2-3 times per week (preferably overnight) for 6 weeks, I noticed increased shine and smoothness in my hair. Also further greying of hair was curtailed but I can’t comment on reversibility of the grey hair to black. I am continuing it’s for now-fingers crossed and I am satisfied till now.
Pros and Cons:
Now for the final evaluation:
- Makes hair shiny and smooth in just a few uses.
- Refillable up to 4 times.
- Great for all kinds of scalps- dry or oily. Herbs may control excess oiliness of scalp as a part of therapy.
- Doesn’t irritate skin of scalp.
- Promotes existing hair growth and new hair generation.
- Herbs do not entangle hair at all; they melt into the oil under the sun forming minute granules. These are easily washable with shampoo.
- Stop greying of hair- especially Bringraj is well known for this.
- Bottle runs for very long even for long hair like mine. Think about refilling for 4 times, it will easily run 6-8 months- Value for money?
- Cap is not at all leak-proof and bulky bottle is not travel friendly.
- No sweet or enchanting fragrances emanate from this oil.
- Needs Sun to melt herbs in the oil.
- Need to add coconut oil by yourself (oil not included, only herbs).
- Price: price comparison over 3 months (mentioned above) shows price disparency offline and online. First buy was offline in Sept and Online later in Dec.
I would buy this again for the sake of continuing this therapy, if I don’t find anything better by that time. I think it’s definitely worth one try at least. Ayurveda has largely untamed therapeutic power that very few people know about and try ever in their lives. It’s our own Science and these are just plain herbs, nothing else. How wrong would you go trying it after all, in case just one of all those herbs works in your favour?
Stars: 4/5 Stars
Its better you buy directly from Khadi shop offline as the price is lesser. Difference in its cost online and also on different websites is what I worry about. No transparency in rates. There are obviously those times one is too busy to go hunting offline. If you wish to buy online and when time is more precious than money, online availability is mentioned below. In case this product is unavailable in Amazon, give it some time to be restocked! :
- Amazon here : https://amzn.to/3muHGRk
- Nyka – not available or listed
- Flipkart here https://www.flipkart.com/rsg-herbals-therapeutic-blend-herbs/p/itmewu2hyfzb2czq
Would you try this enticing herbal mix? Looks true to its claims?
Do tell me in the Comments below. Also ask me for any queries or doubts. Talking with you all is what I really look forward to.
Did you find this post useful? Would you like to get back to it later? Save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Natural Living or Ayurveda board!