I encountered Jeevanras Mukti Gold Ayurvedic Hair Wash when I watched a video of Shri Nityanandam Guruji who is a famous Ayurvedic practitioner based in Punjab and is quite famous on youtube for a past few years. Today I will share my personal experience and a genuine review of the product.
Product: Axiom Jeevanras Mukti Gold Ayurvedic Hair Wash
Cost: You pay a price of INR 158-160 for just 500ml of hair wash.
What Axiom Claims (What is written on the product listing on amazon):
Strengthens the hair while leaving it soft and bouncy. It has a cell repair formula, which repairs the hair quality and helps in rescuing the hair roots. It helps in maintaining long, lovely and strong hair. It is very effective in controlling dandruff if used with Mukti Gold Juice Oil for Hair.
Percentage Content (in 100gms)
Harad / Haritaki
Terminalia Chebula (Fr)
Cocos Nucifera (Fr)
Accacia Concinna (Fr)
Cyperus Rontundus (Rz)
Bacopa Monnieri (Wp)
Azadirachtra Indica (Wp)
Psoralea Corylifolia (Br)
Emblica Officinalis (Fr)
Terminalia Arjuna (Br)
Eclipta Alba (Wp)
Rosa Centifolia (Fl)
Syzygium Cuminii (Br)
Terminalia Belerica (Fr)
Aegle Marmelos (Fr)
Balchar / Jatamansi
Nardostachys Jatamansi (Rt)
Hemidesmus Indicus (Rt)
Trigonella Foenum-graecum (Sd)
Ocimum Sanctum (Wp)
Reetha (Foaming Agent)
Sapindus Mukurossil (Fr)
Fr – Fruit, Rt – Root, Wp – Whole parts, Br – Bark, Rz – Rhizome, Sd – Seed, Fl – Flower
Along with the ingredients mentioned in the table, it contains approved preservative sodium benzoate (0.5%) and water (according to quantity required).
Many of the ingredients like Shikakai, Harad, Nagarmotha, Bhringraj, Brahmi have direct relation with hair health as described in Ayurvedic scriptures.
Harad : Contains Vitamin C, Copper, Manganese, Selenium and Iron which promote scalp health and control hair loss. It brings shine and lustre and improves hair quality.
Shikakai: Rich in vitamin C, A, D, E and K. It is full of anti oxidants and saponins, which promote hair health and delays ageing.
Bhringraj: Also known as king of hair, it nourishes hair roots, improves blood circulation in the scalp and strengthens hair follicles. It is master of all hair and scalp related problems. Read in detail here.
Brahmi: It is one of the most famous herbs in the west these days due to its capabilities of calming the mind and curing mental disorders. It calms the mind and relieves stress, which also improves hair growth and quality.
Nagarmotha: It is an amazing herb used for controlling dandruff related issues. It removes extreme dryness, itchiness and hair fall due to dandruff. It also stimulates hair growth and shine.
All other ingredients also have considerable effect on hair and scalp health.
Massage on wet hair with fingertips. Avoid eye area. Remove with water. Use daily or as needed.
I have been using this shampoo for past year and a half and I can totally recommend it. The colour of the shampoo is dark brownish to black. The smell is decent (not amazing!).
Some of my observations that should be noted:
- If you are used to too much lather while washing your hair, you will have to use a larger quantity of product. As salt is not an ingredient (as the company claims), it will not create too much lather. I am personally used to having good lather as it makes me feel like my hair are cleaner, so I take 1 handful of the shampoo along with making sure that my hair are properly wet. This shampoo will not disappoint you in terms of how clean you feel after use.
- Some people complaint that the product makes their hair very dry. This has not been the case with me as I originally have oily hair and I have pitta type hair. This can be true for people who have kapha type hair which are originally very hard and dry. To get better results, I would recommend everyone to oil their hair properly 1 to 1.5 hours before taking a bath or shower. This ensures you hair remain smooth. You might think its a pain to do so, but you are already going through a good amount of pain to find a 100% natural Ayurvedic shampoo which means you are having some hair issues with the products you have been using till now. So I would recommend a proper oiling few hours before hairwash.
- Some of the ingredients used can irritate the eye. Reetha aka soap nut which is the main ingredient creating lather, is an eye irritant (it is not damaging but just irritates if it does get in the eye) so be sure to avoid eye area.
Pros & Cons:
- 100% natural with no chemical additives. All ingredients are Ayurvedic which are known for their properties for hair and scalp health. It does not just clean the hair but improves hair health over time. That is a huge plus. Many other brands just claim to be natural (see my review of a famous ‘natural’ shampoo which contains many no so natural ingredients).
- Very low cost! You are just paying about Rs 160 for 500ml. That is way cheaper than many other natural shampoos that you find on amazon today (eg, wow shampoos, mama earth etc).
- No allergies have been documented anywhere as in my research.
- Comes in a nice leak proof plastic bottle. The packaging can be improved but it is still quite good.
- Smell is decent but nothing special. It a sort of herbal smell which not everyone would like.
- You have to use a good amount of product to get good lather.
- Might not suit people with rough and dry hair.
- Market availability is bad. You cannot just find it in any store. You have to buy it online only which may not be comfortable if you suddenly run out of shampoo.
- The size of the bottle is not travel friendly as minimum quantity is 500ml! You will have to transfer its contents to a smaller personal bottle when travelling.
I totally recommend this shampoo and give it a 4.5 star out of 5. Only half a point is being deducted due to its drying nature for some people as it would require them a little bit of extra effort of oiling the hair prior to use.
You can get it on Amazon by clicking here: https://amzn.to/2ODmJFd
Sometimes amazon has it even cheaper in Lightening deals section too!