Today I am here to review Biotique Bio Papaya Anti Tan / Tan Removal Scrub. Still feeling confused and trying to make sense of ‘Ayurvedic Recipe- Swiss Technology‘ Tag on top. I tell you Marketing is sometimes such a complex process, the resultant stops making sense altogether. World Knows Ayurveda is not a Swiss Science! Well now on to the product review:
Product: Biotique Bio Papaya Tan Removal Scrub
Price: INR 199 for 75grams
Directions of Use:
Massage on wet face and neck with fingertips. Avoid the eye area. Remove with water or damp washcloth. Use daily or as needed.
This Revitalizing Tan-Removal scrub is blended with pure papaya fruit to dissolve dead surface cells, unclog pore openings and smooth the way for clear skin to the surface. Gentle refining action uncovers skin’s natural brightness for a younger-looking complexion.
- Papita (Carica papaya)
- Kela (Musa sapientum)
- Khajoor (Phoenix Dactylifera)
- Neem (Melia Azadiradrachita)
- Methi (Trgonelia foenum graecum)
- Yasad bhasm (Zincum)
- Ban haldi (Curcuma aromatica)
- Aam beej (Magnifela indica)
- Gun acacia (Acacia arabica)
- Moongphali (Archis hypogaea)
- Himalayan water Q.S.
Biotique scrub comes in a small sturdy well-built tub with a green cap that is tight enough to avoid spills during travels. Size of the tub is not travelling friendly.
The product itself is of a very thick and smooth creamy consistency that initially feels a bit uncomfortably sticky and dry on fingers while scooping out. It contains exfoliating granules like the one seen in walnut scrubs (papaya seeds) but doesn’t feel as harsh on the skin. It smells light and pleasant like Papaya, not irritating at all and doesn’t linger.
Two in One? Face pack + Scrub: just how I like it☺
Proper (better) method for me was to apply a little (not too much of the product) with wet hands (as it is difficult to apply without a bit of water due to dryness of the product) and massage in circular motions for about 8-10mins. Then leave it as such for next 5 mins to dry as a face pack. To remove the product, you simply have to pat a bit of water with palms and continue with circular motions, then rinse off. Skin becomes very smooth and clear after every use. This effect lasts for a long time- about 8-12 hrs.
Skin doesn’t dry out after application but becomes supple and hydrated instead.
As for the ingredients, papaya is a known de-tanning and exfoliating agent used even in home remedies since ages. Beeswax may cause breakouts/ pimples in a few people who are too prone, so beware!
After using it for 2 months, thrice a week, it did help remove tanning on my face, back and arms. Though, fresh suntans and even blackheads on the face were removed in 2 weeks. If you go by the labelled ingredients, it is fully natural too!
Some important points to consider:
- A small amount is enough and a small tub goes a long way.
- Scoop out with a spoon or spatula.
- Massage gently on the skin and don’t be rushed out and think it will work any better with more force.
- Do not scrub over the soft skin of eyes.
- Keep in a dry and cool place for storage.
- Remember to close the cap tightly as it tends to dry out fast with passing time and becomes more impacted and difficult to scoop out.
- You may use it before waxing arms and legs for dead skin exfoliation and hence gives smoother results after waxing.
- It’s always a good idea to follow up with a great moisturizer or cream of your choice as it will be absorbed in a better way.
Pros And Cons:
How good I found this one?
- A small amount is required for every single-use, so the tub runs for a long while about 2-3 months.
- The pleasant mild fragrance of Papaya.
- Parlour like smooth and supple skin after every application.
- The travel-friendly pack is also available.
- De-tans early sunburns quite effectively.
- All-Natural ingredients & Ayurvedic Recipe as mentioned.
- May be used on the whole body and not just face.
- Suits oily, dry and normal skin types i.e. every skin type.
- No allergies noted.
- Absorbs excess oil on the oily skin.
- Be soft in the fingertips while massaging.
- Messy to scoop out of the tub.
- Cost: Costly 75gms for Rs199? You decide.
- Takes months and months to show the effect on heavily tanned areas but works if you have patience.
- People with very thin and sensitive skin may find exfoliating granules to be a bit harsh.
- Tub size is not very travelling friendly.
This Scrub is an instant quick fix to get facial like softness and evenness on the face before an outing. Noticeable suppleness and smoothness is the most lovable effect. But one can’t be sure enough of its de-tanning properties unless used for 2-3 months regularly.
Plus I keep my fingers crossed that it doesn’t contain any hidden bleach as an ingredient (a usual feature of de-tanning products) which is harmful to the skin.
This is definitely a great scrub for regular use- though not daily use. If it is truly Ayurvedic/ natural as the company claims, it’s really worth a try.
- Amazon: It is, of course, cheaper here. Rs 139.00 For 75gm. Sometimes it is very cheap in lightening deals too!
Did you find this post useful? Would you like to get back to it later? Save THIS PIN below to your Pinterest Natural Living or Ayurveda board!