Today’s post is about one the most common problems for youngsters and women. Acne and Pimples occur because of many reasons but the main culprit behind this problem is the oil-producing sebaceous gland which lies within the follicles of small hair on your skin. When the sebaceous gland produces excess oil (also called sebum), bacteria and dead skin cells accumulate causing acne and breakouts. This generally is hormonal acne which occurs due to hormonal changes in the body. Today I will share with you the best acne treatment with Ayurvedic herbs only.
If I were to tell you in terms of Ayurveda, too much pitta (or heat) in the body is the source of all breakouts. If you want to learn more about skin breakouts, I suggest you read my other post related to skin disorders and eczema where I give a detailed reason for skin related problems. There are a few simple steps you can take to totally eliminate your pimples and acne and get glowing and clear skin.
1. If you are too much into takeouts and eating outside on the streets, it will not help you in clearing your acne and pimples. To pacify the pitta in your body, you need to stop eating foods that are hot in nature like spicy food, red chilies, oily street food, sour food.
2. One of the most important methods to make your skin clear is to keep your colon clean. If you are one of those people who have less than 4 bowel movements per week, chances are you are constipated. If your colon is not empty and old waste is lying around, it will transmit toxins into your blood. This again could lead to skin breakouts.
It is of utmost importance that you clear your intestines every day for which you will need a lot of water and fiber. Drink at least 2 – 3 liters of water slowly throughout the day. Eat a vegetable salad just before you have lunch. Eat more seasonal fruits and vegetables which are easy to digest like bitter gourd, bottle gourd, tomatoes.
One of the best remedies for constipation is cow ghee. Cow ghee is used as the most important medicine in the Ayurvedic treatment system. It gives your body the lubrication it needs to keep the organs like joints and intestines healthy. You must have at least 2 tsp of cow ghee every day as a remedy for constipation.
Best Acne Treatment: What to apply on your face?
1. Keeping your skin clean is also important. Wash your face with any natural facewash once or twice a day max. Don’t overdo it. Use as little chemicals on your face as possible. I will soon come up with a list of best face wash for acne and pimples for you guys.
2. When you wake up first thing in the morning, first wash ur face with water with mouth closed. Wipe your face and now take some of your previous night’s spit in your palm. Massage on your face for 2 – 3 minutes especially on areas of acne or pimples. Spit from previous night has many antibiotic properties which can help remove bacteria from your skin. This is considered as the best acne treatment that can be done easily.
Best Acne Treatment: Acne Medication
1. Take 1tsp of Triphala Powder. Add it in an earthen pot and add 1 glass of normal drinking water. Cover it and keep it till the next morning.
If you have acne prone skin or too oily skin, boil it on low heat. Filter it and drink when it becomes lukewarm. It will be slightly bitter so you can add natural honey for taste if you want… but don’t add anything preferably for better results.
If your body is not oily, rub the Triphala with your hands and squeeze it and take collect all the water in a glass. Filter it and drink.
Do this for 40 days every day. If the problem still remains after 40-45 days, stop for 10-15 days and start again for 30 days.
Caution: If your stomach is loose, don’t use more than 1/2 spoon. If your stomach is normal or constipated, you can take up to 1 spoon. This makes your stomach lose so you can start with 1/2 spoon and increase your dosage accordingly.
Hope this helps you! If you need any help understanding the procedure, comment below and I will try to help!